February 2, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Cookies

As often as I make chocolate chip cookies, I'm not a huge fan. I know, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? I like the dough more than the cookies. Anyway, last night I was making the Hubs chocolate chip cookies and I decided divide the dough in half and try something. It turned out to be delicious!


Apple Cinnamon Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup Splenda Sugar blend
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chopped apples (about 2 cored apples)

Directions
1 - Preheat oven to 375

2 - In small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.

3 - In large mixer bowl combine and cream butter, Splenda sugar blend, brown sugar and vanilla.

4 - Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

5 - Gradually beat in flour mixture.

6 - Stir in apples.

7 - Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

8 - Bake for 10 min or until edges are golden.

9 - Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

11 comments:

Katie said...

wow! these look so good! i wish i had an oven in my dorm so i could bae them right now
xx

Katie said...

*bake

Laura K [AKA Miss Mojito] said...

Yum, sounds delish. You are going to have baked goods waiting for me on Saturday right? Haha... jk

brit @ landlocked bride said...

These seriously made me hungry right now. I'm saving this recipe and making them soon!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

I agree... the dough > fresh-baked cookies > cookies one hour old or older

LOL!

-kjpugs

Brandi said...

Yum! What a great idea! While I LOOVVVEEE chocolate chip cookies- I think the hubs would really like the apple alternative. Excited to try

Jessica Lynn said...

I can't wait to make these! I make chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips :)

Startup Wife said...

Oh, genius!! Those look DELICIOUS.

Newport Nuptials said...

These sound amazing!

Pink Thumb said...

Mmmm I love all things with apple and cinnamon! What a great idea.

Creature Gorgeous said...

Those look DELISH!!!!!

Post a Comment

 

His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful