November 2, 2010

Caramelized Acorn Squash

Or really any kinda squash :)

Last week Jen at A Tale of 2 Monkeys sent me a recipe exchange. You know the type where you send someone you don’t know a recipe and then add your name to the bottom of a list and forward it to some friends? My friends Narda sent me her recipe for Caramelized Butternut Squash. It sounded mouth watering, so I decided to make it on Halloween.

Well, when Hubs and I were at the store I saw the Acorn Squash and thought, “oh, I need to buy this!” Guys, I didn’t realize until today when I was about to write this post that I bought the wrong kind of squash. *d’oh* Good news – it was still delicious.

103110CarmelizedAcornSquash
As usual, I added a few things to make the recipe more “me”. I added nuts for some added crunch and chili powder for a little heat. Oh, and onions because I love onions!

How do you make it?

(Click Recipe to Enlarge)

I’m thinking this will be a good Gluten Free dish I can make for Thanksgiving at my FIL’s house. It’s Gluten Free without being obvious so I can ease them into my new diet :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hmm, I do have a squash that needs cooking! Thanks for the recipe. :D

Post a Comment

 

His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful