November 11, 2009

Frenchie Kisses: The Beginning

***Note: All photos, unless otherwise noted, are by the fabulously talented, and super awesome to know, Ohana Photographers***

My day actually started out pretty early. My sister, Jen, and I stayed in the same hotel room at the Rancho Bernardo Inn the night before. We both had to shower, get all our crap together and get over to my parent's (larger) room to get ready. I also had to make sure everything I brought with me was packed and put together separate from Jen's things. The hotel was going to pick-up my luggage and relocate it to the Hubs and my room once it was available.

Jen and my Mom had a 9:30 hair appointment and my make-up artist was getting to my parent's room around the same time to start making my bridesmaids prettier, so we booked it over to my parents room just in time for them to head off to the salon.

This portion of the morning was all a blur to me, while my sister & mother had hair appointments I decided to do my hair myself. My morning went something like this...
Set hair in velcro rollers
Much like Briana over at Elizabeth Anne Designs (her picture)

Heat with hair dryer
Talk to Ashley and her assistant from AC Make-up
Answer my cell phone
Drink Starbucks
Heat hair with dryer
Get Make-up done
Heat hair with dryer
Attempt to put on dress, but have hotel employee try to come in the back door to load all our wedding stuff on a golf cart for DOC
Heat hair with dryer (see a pattern)
Anyway after my hair was finished, everyone's make-up was done, the guy with the golf cart was gone and my dress was on, we headed up to the lobby to meet my family.

"Hollah! I'm a bride!"

Wow, I was really excited!

This is about the time my mom came back from the winery with the bouquets and boutonnieres. Wait, I should say boutonniere because the florist hadn't made all the boutonnieres and bouquets she was supposed too, my poor mom wasn't even dressed yet and she had to call the DOC to tell the florist to make all the boutonnieres, corsages and bouquets we'd paid for.

Luckily we had everything we needed for the pictures at that point. While, my Mom got dresses the rest of us went to take some pre-ceremony portraits in a cool spot Ohana Photography had found. The day before had been slightly cloudy and it had even RAINED, but the day of our wedding it was in the high 90s... or so they tell me, I was on such a wedding high I never noticed the heat. So much for all my worrying.

Up Next: I get Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful