September 15, 2010

Adventures in Dining Out: The Lime Truck

This morning on Twitter one of the people I follow (OCMexFood) Tweeted about something I’d only read as a rumor…

OCMexFood
Food Truck Brigade!?!? A couple months ago I saw something about a bunch of Food Trucks that met up in a parking lot near my office, but I thought it was just a one time thing. Guys, this is a WEEKLY occurrence. WEEKLY! Every Wednesday from 11:30-2!

I was able to talk my co-worker, Yolanda, into checking out today. She’d never eaten from a food truck and my only experience was with the delicious Kogi BBQ months ago. We were nervous we’d drive over there and no-one would be there or it’s be crazy like the time I met the Kogi BBQ truck.

1stpic
There were a total of eight trucks there: Seabirds, The Lime Truck, Barcelona On The Go, Komodo, Calbi, Dan Dan BBQ, a cupcake truck, and 1 other truck I didn’t catch the name of.

Pic2
The location is perfect, most trucks were all around an area of tree cover in the abandoned parking lot.

pic4
And a few others were lined up just outside the tree cover.

Yolanda and I decided to eat at The Lime Truck because the line was a bit longer (so it looked popular), in the shade, they accepted credit cards and the menu looked appealing.

TheLimeTruck
Waiting in line we got to see everyone else walk away with their food. This made us even more hungry… meaning we ordered too much food when we got the front of the line.

LimeTruckMenu
Yolanda ordered the Pork Flat Iron Steak and I ordered the Lamb Sandwich… together we shared the Carnitas Fries.

port
Prime Pork Steak with maple apples on a mashed potato pancake: Smelled delicious and according to Yolanda tasted just as good as it smelled.

2010-09-15 12.27.23
Carnitas Fries with chipotle-honey cabbage: They look out of control and they are. These definitely required a fork, but OMG chipotle-honey cabbage is tasty. The perfect blend on sweet and spicy.

Lamb Sandwich with fresh tzatziki – The lamb was ground and mixed with a wonderful blend of spices that cooled off well with the fresh tzatziki.

I’m really excited to head back next Wednesday and try out a different truck. I’ve heard Dan Dan BBQ has kimchi and I’ve always wanted to try that :)



P.S. All these photos were taken with my camera phone, so sorry if they're kinda crappy... really not much different than my normal pics though :-/


16 comments:

Layla said...

Um, YUM!!!!!!

Try Anything Once Terri said...

NICE! Looks fun!

Jessica Lynn said...

My husband and I just finished watching The Food Truck Race on the Food Network and we were just talking about wanting to eat at a food truck! Seriously, in my google search box right now says "food trucks in atlanta." I'm so jealous of your weekly food adventure!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa said...

Ooh, those fries look awesome.

honey my heart said...

the food looks so good, especially the fries! i must find that truck ;)

Katie said...

OH YUM! I'm so jealous. I'm pretty sure we don't have food trucks anywhere near where I live. DARN!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Jessica - Did you find any? I would think Atlanta would have at least a couple.
@Mrs CC & Honey my Heart - The fries were amazing! and I'm sure had the calorie count to prove it haha

charms said...

yum those look SO good. I agree fries are my weakness so those look the best. we used to hit up the taco trucks when my friend lived near eagle rock. a little sketchy but SOOOO good

Sara McCarty said...

Whoa!! Color me jealous! We don't have many food trucks in St. Louis, but I'd kill for those fries! That looks amazing! Maybe I should be glad not to have this food - my ever-expanding waistline should be grateful!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Sara - The Seabird truck is vegetarian. My goal is to eat there next time ;-)

BigAppleNosh said...

Awwwesome post! I love food trucks!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@BigAppleNosh - Thank you! That is a huge comment coming from you, one of the best blogging restaurant critics I know :)

kjpugs said...

OMG its like Mecca!!!! That is AMAZING!

Katie said...

OMG OMG OMG I am SOO jealous! That looks seriously delish!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

those carnitas fries!!!!

Micah and Catherine said...

The lamb sandwich looks so good. I just ate dinner but would eat that right now.

Post a Comment

 

His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful