September 27, 2010

Adventures in Dining Out: Whole Foods

Have a told you guys I’m back in school again? I think I did. But, did I tell you I have class 3 nights a week this session? I don’t think I did. I have class Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. Meaning I have to lunch and dinner away from home those three nights, which was difficult enough when I could eat whatever I want. However, now that I’m not eating Gluten and other magical ingredients, it’s even more difficult… and costly.

Today I decided to try Whole Foods, there is one relatively close to my office and I figured they have prepared gluten free food, along with other goodies. I may be the last person to have never shopped at a Whole Foods. I’m not going to say I’ve never been to one, I have, but it was always for one thing. I’ve never gone and explored, you know? Plus, the closest Whole Foods is by my office, 30 minutes from my apt… get the idea.

I’m not going to go into everything I purchased. When I get a good list of Gluten Free products I’ve tried and like, I’ll do a post on those. This is about the delicious and reasonably priced pizza I bought for lunch AND dinner. YAY!

WholeFoodsPizza 
The pizza station in the food court type place made personal pizza’s with rice crust – SCORE! They also had a vegan soy-free cheese option, so I didn’t have to waste my one dairy or soy item for the week. I added also spinach and caramelized red onions.

Verdict: Really tasty! The crust was crisp and a little sweet. The “cheese” is surprisingly good, I bought a bag to take home. I ate half of this for lunch and I’m going to eat the other half in a few minutes before I head off to class. I could not be more excited about finding a cheese that is dairy free and soy free :)

5 comments:

annie said...

i have friends who are gluten free and they eat a lot of asian food so i try to cook for them as often as i can. :)

this pizza by the way looks heavenly!!! i can't believe the crust is made of rice. i <3 rice :)

Jessica said...

There isn't a Whole Foods near me so now I'm the only person who hasn't been to one. Haha

It's awesome you found a great gluten free pizza, it looks good!

megan marie said...

is the cheese daiya? if so, its the best vegan non soy cheese out there! glad you like it!

kjpugs said...

WOW that is a lot of onion- I'd prob have horrible heartburn- but it still looks AWESOME!!!!! YAY! I bet if you need to be gluten free, CALI is the place to do it.

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Megan Marie - Yep, it's Daiya :) I had Google soy free vegan cheese earlier yesterday and nothing came up. I was so excited when I found out about Daiya at Whole Foods. Do you know of any soy free vegan butter?

Post a Comment

 

His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful