August 11, 2011

Copy Cat – Spaghetti Squash Casserole

It’s been a while since I posted a copy cat recipe, but I last week I went back to True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach and discovered a dish I really enjoyed that I knew it would be easy peasy to make at home. {Did you click on any of those hyperlinks? Go ahead, I’ll wait ;-)}

First off, if you live in Orange County and haven’t been to True Food Kitchen at Fashion Island yet, make a plan to go soon. You will not be disappointed! My sister and went (again) recently and I decided to try something new, the Spaghetti Squash Casserole.

TFKMenu

I forgot to take a picture (bad blogger), but luckily Kay C. on Yelp took this

yelpversion
Kay C’s actually looks a bit more tomatoey (What? That’s a word) than mine did, but you get the idea.

How do you make it? Easy, it looks like this…

steps
You want an actually recipe? Sheesh, you’re picky ;-) Kidding of course, I would too.

(click recipe to enlarge)

Mmmmm, melty cheese…

Alldone
Have you copied a recipe you’ve loved at a restaurant?

8 comments:

kelsey said...

That looks so delicious!! Cheese is always a good thing!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Kelsey - Thank you! and yes, I love cheese!

Kira said...

So funny, I made something very similar last week! I layers spaghetti squash with canned crushed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in a loaf pan to make a mini squash lasagna for two! It was sooo good.

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Kira - That sounds delicious!

Jessica said...

This sounds amazing and I have TONS of squash I need to use!

Michelle said...

This looks amazing. Admittedly I haven't been doing a whole lot of cooking lately as it is just to darn hot in my neck of the woods. Might have to just get over it and try this one out!

Katie said...

First, I am jealous. I wanted SO badly to go to True Food when we were in AZ a few months ago for a bachelorette party/wedding, but I was vetoed by the other bridesmaids in the group b/c the food was too "weird." Healthy, you mean? Whatever.

Anyway, I LOVE the idea of this recipe! I actually made lasagna out of spaghetti squash a little while back and it turnd out awesome! I layered in roasted zucchini, eggplant, and a bit of Italian sausage, along with ricotta cheese. So scrumptious!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

@Katie - If you come out to CA, I will take you to lunch here and you can stay at my apt. I think my next spaghetti squash meal will be a form of lasagna :)

Post a Comment

 

His Birdie's Nest All rights reserved © 2010
Template Designed by HowJoyful